Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rest Day

Rest/taper days are hard for me. I have a hard time just taking it easy. I really wanted to work out with my tire in the backyard today but figured I should give my knees a rest. My second half in a week is Sunday and I really want to do well :)

I only had HALF of this bar left and I was totally out of bananas!!

So my breakfast was half a Clif bar and 1 cup Kashi GoLean cereal.

Lunch was PB sandwich on ww, string cheese, triscuits and trail mix.

Afternoon snack.

For dinner I made a huge salad! Heart lettuce, yellow and red pepper, black beans, cucumbers, red onions, tomatoes, and some broccoli. This is a dinner size plate. SO SO good!

I sliced a sweet potato and baked it (so good so easy and I added nothing). We seriously never have RED meat, but these steaks (on the grill) were an amazing price and I knew this would make the hub happy!!!

No workout for me today. Going for an easy run tomorrow, then just take it easy until Sunday. I hope the weather is good. I think it is going to be warm for sure, but I will be happy to run in shorts for a change!!


2 comments:

  1. I love how sweet potatoes. So simple to make and they never need anything added to taste great!

    BTW - cute lululemon skirt in your profile picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela. You rocked your skirt too. Loved the pics from your race!!

    ReplyDelete