Sunday, May 27, 2012

Humid Saturday!

My Saturday started off early! I wanted to get my run in before it got too hot. It was already so humid at 8 in the morning. My running group was not meeting since it was the holiday weekend, so I went to a favorite running spot of mine. I have not been to this park since last fall so it was a nice change. A paved 2.6 mile trail that goes around a lake. Much of it is shaded by the trees! I ran the path twice and I was HOT. Another plus is there are large water coolers and cups provided at 2 different locations along the path. 

Before I left for my run I ate a banana and half of this Clif bar.

This is one end of the lake. So many runners out. I was inspired by strangers with one thing in common, running:)

After two laps and 5 miles I was a hot mess. When I got back to my car I finished off the other half of my Clif bar. Then I was off to Target before heading home to shower. I got plenty of stares as to why my face was bright red and a wet tank top. I did not care! I got in a great workout and gas is too expensive to drive back!!

It was after 1 by the time I got home, and all I wanted to eat was waffles. Everyone else was out of the house so I make myself a stack!

 YUMMY!!!!!!!

I did some Memorial Decorating and a few more things done around the house. Then we were off to a graduation/ pig roast party. It was a 4pm and though it was warm, the humidity was awful. Seriously bad hair day in MD!!!

I hope this picture does not offend anyone!!

Everyone was enjoying their pork on large rolls but I passed on that. I went back for seconds and enjoyed a small brownie.

We had a fun night that ended with fireworks. Sunday is my youngest daughters birthday. She will be 18 years old. My brother is having a cookout and we are expecting company for dinner around 5. Weekends are so busy this time of year.





1 comment:

  1. what a great day and i love those waffles! yum!

    ReplyDelete