Sunday, July 22, 2012

Productive Sunday

I love productive Sundays. Today, I managed to get a lot done around the house. Laundry, vacuuming, organizing and managed a workout. I also made my "to do" list and hope to get everything crossed off in the next few days. This just helps me to feel in control. To me, that's a great feeling!!!!

I enjoyed breakfast at Starbucks with a few of my daughters. Love their spinach wraps!

Morning snack. I love a good banana.

Lunch was toast with almond, peanut and cashew butter. SO GOOD.

My husband went crabbing this morning. He always brings me back fresh corn and a watermelon. I do not eat the crabs, crazy I know, but our girls love them. Maryland Blue Crabs are very expensive and my daughters get to enjoy them almost every weekend FREE thanks to their dad!! My husband loves to be out on the water and loves crabbing. He steams the corn with the crabs. The spice and vinegar makes the corn taste amazing!! Who needs butter???!! I enjoyed two ears and so much watermelon that I may turn into one.

So so good. Ate way too much, but can you really eat too much watermelon???

I was really not that hungry for dinner so I just had a few Triscuits and cheese.

Tonight, I walked two miles on the treadmill with the weighted vest. My knee is still a little sore from my run yesterday so I wanted to take it easy. The women that I ran with yesterday talked to me about the importance of strength training. How this will help me to be a better, stronger runner. I have been really bad about it this summer. It was a nice push by these runners to get me to lift some weights tonight.

I have all the necessary equipment but I end up going right to my treadmill and have let this get dusty. Well, tonight I dusted it off. I did just upper body.

This was written several years ago by my girlfriends husband. He is a personal trainer and stopped by my house to take a look at my workout room. He wrote up a schedule for me that I have not used in a long time. Glad I still had it and I can say that my arms are sore. Feels good sore. Now I just need to get into a strength training schedule that I will stick too!!!!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends! Mine was amazing!!!! Hope everyone got to see the pictures of my new grandson. So sweet!!!! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment