Sunday, July 29, 2012

Biking

Today we had the best weather ever! Perfect to be outside. After my 10 mile run yesterday, I figured I should probably take it easy. My husband and I have plans to go bike the C & O. It is a beautiful trail that runs along the Potomac River. It is all flat and shaded and one of my favorite places. Biking was just what my body needed today. After my run yesterday I wore my compression socks for the entire day. I was not sore but my knees felt achy. I have not felt that before so hopefully that will go away.

I grabbed breakfast on the way out the door after I heard where John wanted to stop!

McDonald's !!

It was about a 30 minute drive. This is a view from the parking lot. So pretty. I see plenty of runners but not sure I would run here alone. I would say the majority of the people I see are biking. My husband enjoys the outdoors. He loves fishing, hunting and boating but is not one to exercise. Biking, he will do and does enjoy it. I love that we can do this together. It is a great way to get some exercise and enjoy each others company.

They even had new bathrooms!! No more porta johns:)

We saw plenty of people who had camped out all night with their canoes and kayaks. 

We road for about 55 minutes into Brunswick. 

I wish I had taken pictures of the trails. They are not paved but crushed gravel. There were also plenty of mud puddles due to the rain last night. We road for almost 2 hours and we were back home by noon. 

No food journal today!! Mindless munching!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment