Friday, April 6, 2012

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

The DC Cherry Blossom 10 Miler was this past Sunday April 1. It was a beautiful day for a run. The Thursday before the race, my husband and I went into DC by metro, to pick up my race packet. I have done this race the past few years, and packet pick up has always been awesome. They hold the expo in the Washington Building Museum; a beautiful building large enough for the event. It is well organized and took me only a few minutes to collect my bib and t-shirt. They have some of the best deals on running clothes, and this year I grabbed a few things by Brooks for 50% off. It was also nice to go on Thursday. The expo was open until 7pm, so it worked out great for us because it gave us a day in between packet pick up and race day.

The shirts were so pretty this year.



The weather was chilly with an overcast. 


Waiting for the race to start!

Bathroom lines were long but moved quickly.


Time to get in my corral. 


A sweaty mess!! Seriously, this has become one of my favorite runs. Even though my average pace was an 11 minute mile I am SO close to an 10 mm. I start out strong with an 9-10mm but I struggle to keep it up. They email you detailed stats of your run. It showed that during the second half of the race I passed 364 runners but 173 runners passed me! This is a huge race with about 17,000 runners. My only disappointment was the cherry blossoms were MIA. 


My husband and I.


My pretty metal.





No comments:

Post a Comment