Sunday, August 26, 2012


John and I were up bright and early this morning. My ankle was sore from my run yesterday but not as bad as it had been last Wednesday morning, so I was happy about that. I have a five miler planned in the afternoon tomorrow, so I may get it taped again to see if that will help. Today is a rest day for my ankle for sure.

Breakfast was a stop at Panera. I was still in my flannel PJs, so my husband went in and grabbed a few multi grain bagels. We sat in the Jeep and enjoyed them before going thru the Starbucks drive thru. I wanted to take my husband for a little drive this morning. Since joining my running group about 8 months ago, I have wanted to show him some of the routes we run. He could not believe some of the hills we endure and was not too happy with some of the very narrow streets. I assured him that since we run so early in the morning the traffic is very very light. I was excited to show him where we run and I know that he is proud of me:)

Once we got back to the house it was time to get busy. Since the weather in MD today was kinda crazy (one minute it was sunny and beautiful, the next it was pouring down rain), it was not worth making plans to be outdoors. First up was the pantry. I completely emptied it. Then I vacuumed every crumb I could find before organizing/tossing and putting everything back. The hall closet was next and then I tackled the large shoe bucket in the garage. I cannot begin to tell you how many shoes we have with so many girls! We have always taken our shoes off in the garage before entering our house. This is why we have a "shoe bucket." Seriously, the flip flop situation is out of control!!! I had someone say that my garage looked like an orphanage because of all the shoes! I had laundry going most of the afternoon only stopping to switch things to the dryer and folding. This job lead me to several drawers in the kitchen. I have always had a "school" drawer. Well, I went through that drawer, and by the time I was done it was empty! I no longer have a school drawer. Tomorrow is the first day of school for our county, and for the first time in 20 years I will not have child

Lunch was a Subway veggie on whole wheat with a bag of baked chips.

My treat for the day. I love a York every once in a while.

Dinner started with a salad.

I also enjoyed a bowl of high fiber Progresso bean soup.

Grabbed an apple on the way up tonight for my dessert. I have lots of laundry to put away. Today was a super productive day and will make going to work in the morning much easier. 

Do you enjoy a productive weekend??



  1. I am so glad John is so supportive of you (I know I have told you before) It makes it easier on you to go ENJOY your run guilt-free! You guys make a great team :) xoxo

  2. Girl - you were major productive! Good for you! What a good feeling it is to be organized and great way to start the week. Congratulations on your 10 mile run as well. You are doing great with that marathon training! Your daughter looks so happy in her dorm. Good stuff. Take care and have a healthy day! Linda