Things have been so overwhelming for me lately. So much going on and I am feeling pulled in so many different directions. Plus, I am constantly second guessing everything, including my blog. Here is just a sampling of what is happening in my life.
- My oldest daughter had a baby 3 weeks ago. Our first grandchild:)
- My second daughter got engaged about a month ago and wedding planning has begun. This means 2 weddings in less then a year and a half.
- My third daughter graduated college in June and started her career 2 weeks ago at a law firm.
- My forth daughter graduated high school in June and is headed off to college next week, the baby.
And lets not forget all the everyday things I have to deal with!
- My husband has a puppy!! It is his puppy, but guess who has to deal with said puppy while he is a work? Me!!!!!! I had a total meltdown with said puppy today!
- Our air condition stopped working Memorial Weekend. The hottest weather to start off the summer and we had no AC! We waited until after the holiday weekend to get it fixed. Well, guess what?? It has decided it does not want to work again!
- Not to mention that I wonder if this blog is meant to be! I mean seriously, I do not have any quality content to draw in more readers. I am not a good writer! I am not educated in any health or exercise. I may be a runner but I am not even a fast runner!!!!
These past few days have been tough. Not focused or in control. To me, that is just not a good feeling. It is amazing how when things are feeling out of control in one area of your life, that is trickles into other areas of your life. The sad thing is that everything going on in my life is absolutely amazing. It is just a lot of amazing!
I have not done my food journal for the past few days because I thought I did not need to. Well guess what? I do not have control over it. I want to focus on healthy, clean eating and that takes a lot of time and energy. Having my long runs on Saturday also take a lot of time and planning. I do not like to take away time from my family. So getting up at 5 am is a sacrifice I am willing to make.
Thankfully, I hit my RESET button this morning and got back on track. Today, my eating was very much in control. Will I ever really have all the control that I need to continue my quest for healthy living?
So my food journal is back. People may find it boring but it works for me. I also got in 3 miles on the treadmill even though they were slow.
Well, I think my pity party is over for the day.
There are days when I just have to remind myself what is really important:)