Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Marathon Training & Weigh In

Happy to report that my ankle has been feeling much better. Not perfect, but better. I did my long run Saturday and then took Sunday off. 

I did a Labor Day 5k on Monday with my neighbor. I was not worried about my time and only needed the mileage. I stayed with my friend for the entire race trying to encourage her. This was her second 5k and she had her fourth baby two months ago!! I remember when a 5k was difficult for me! My running group put on the 5k and it was nice to support our only fundraiser. It was super humid and warm but I enjoyed it:)

I have been so busy the past few days!!

Sunday my husband and I went to the movies and saw Lawless. Not great, but not terrible. My husband enjoyed the movie and I enjoyed the candy!

I did some Fall decorating

I had to get this guy to the vet!!

My sweet sister sent these to me a work yesterday!! She just wanted to put a smile on my face:) It worked!!

This is not easy for me to post!! What the heck?? I have had several people tell me that I can expect some weight gain during marathon training. Honestly, this is not what I expected!! I do not think this gain has much to do with my training. Looking back over the past week, I can think I several things that I just ate because I felt like it. More stress eating then marathon eating!!!

My food journal for today 9/5.

First timer! I worked until 6pm today, so around 4, I walked over to Starbucks for my tea refill(4th of the day) and they offered me a free drink. I have heard so many people rave about this drink that I had to give it a try. It was really really good!!!

My husband has different work hours now, so our dinner is much later then I am use to. Not sure how this will work out since most nights its just him and I. I may have to start eating earlier, before he gets home. I have gotten so use to eating around 5 or 5:30. Eating around 7:30 is a big difference!!

I hope to try out a new yoga studio tomorrow afternoon. I really think that this will be good for me and it has been about a year since my last yoga class. I will let you know how it goes!!! Tomorrow I hope to post about my future goals:)

I am so looking forward to Fall weather!! Uggs, hoodies, hot chocolate and bonfires!






4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that the ankle is still holding up. Your fall decorating looks great! It is so hot down here, it is hard to think about fall, but I am sooooo ready for a little change in the weather. Even a few degrees would be most welcome. Hang in there with the weight and don't worry too much about the number. It will drop right off this week :o) Have a healthy day! p.s. Your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! It is super hot and really humid here too! I am so ready for fall running weather. Next week is going to be in the 70s!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how frustrating the scale can be! But - you look great and you're healthy - that's what really matters. (I need to take my own advice!)

    ReplyDelete